Monday, May 17, 2010

What have I done that is so great?

Steve Jobs (to a Gawker Blogger): "By the way, what have you done that's so great?  Do you create anything, or just criticize others work and belittle their motivations"

Interesting quote.  Arrogant, flamboyant, and in some ways, mean.

I guess the same question can be asked of me, since I've been pretty critical of a lot of others (Microsoft, Apple, Google, The American Planning Association, to name a few).  Well, I have my answer:

  • I've built the first part of an activity generator, which is part of a new generation of travel demand models (all on a PC).  The code from this will be shared to others in the state I live in.

  • I've assisted many relatives and friends with computer issues.

  • I've freely shared my knowledge on several listservs and user support web sites.

  • I've built a VOIP phone system in my house.

  • I created the theme you see on this website.  In fact, I've built this website and worked on several others.


For still being young, I'd say I've one pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment